To perform this job successfully, Speech Therapist shall be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice according to ASHA guidelines. Also, the technician must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are skills and/or ability required.
- Must be a licensed
- Proficiency in dysphagia evaluations and treatment a must.
- Experience working with patients with tracheotomy and speech valves a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Vital stimulation competency a plus.
- Experience working with patients with tracheostomy plus.
- Experience in rehab a must.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting initial and ongoing assessments and evaluations
- Create and carry out an effective intervention treatment plans that addresses specific functional needs of the client
- Evaluate levels of speech, language, or swallowing difficulty
- Identify treatment options
- Complete administrative tasks, including keeping accurate records.