Personal care also known as caregivers, assist the patients who are mentally disabled, chronically ill, or physically challenged clients, with their daily tasks. The Personal Care also will help the clients make or keep appointments with doctors, make sure they take their medicine.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Good physical condition
- Excellent teamwork skills
- CPR certified
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate professional judgments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Need to learn basic emergency and safety techniques.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
- Dressing or undressing the client(s)
- Assistance with eating, meal preparation and grocery shopping
- Documenting services delivered in accordance with the Homily Care Agency policies and procedures
- Accompanying to medical appointments
- Assisting, monitoring or prompting the client to complete the above items