The Homemaker assists the client with the tasks of daily living assignments independently within the Agency’s plan and procedures. The Homemaker also will help the clients make or keep appointments with doctors, make sure they take their medicine.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Good physical condition
- Excellent teamwork skills
- CPR certified
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate professional judgments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Need to learn basic emergency and safety techniques
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled
- Basic knowledge in understanding the aging and disease process, elderly abuse prevention including reporting requirements
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a clean, healthy and safe environment
- Promote a harmonious, pleasant and attractive environment Clean surfaces and floor of bathroom and kitchen
- Perform any personal care for the patient including toileting, hair care, oral
- hygiene, bathing and grooming.
- Grocery shopping or other errands when needed.
- Light dishwashing
- Assist with ambulation when patient uses mechanical aids such as a walker.
- Light dusting